Under the current Coronavirus pandemic, you may be rightly concerned about the risks involved in having an installer visit your property. In this short post, we hope to provide you with some reassurance.
The situation in the UK is developing all the time. Hang It Services is committed to working hard to assess and reduce the risk of infection to our installers and customers and also reduce the impact to our operations. The latest and best advice can be found on the Government website.
What we’re doing
- We are committed to keeping abreast of developments and will follow Government guidance.
- We are regularly advising our co-workers and reminding them of best practice with regard to personal hygiene and safer practices. They have been asked not to shake hands and to wash their hands correctly before and after each job.
- Our installers have been asked to keep at least 2m away from clients.
- Our installers carry sanitiser/antibacterial wipes and will use them to disinfect items they touch.
- Our installers will use disposable gloves and change them between jobs.
- Our installers will wear face masks.
- Our installers have been told that they may ask clients to reschedule their appointment if they have reasonable cause to believe a person in the property is unwell.
- We can confirm that none of our installers have travelled to any of the identified high risk areas. We can confirm that none of our staff have knowingly been in contact with an infected person.
- Installers have been told to self-isolate if advised to do so and follow the advice of the Government, NHS 111 and their GP.
How you can help
- Please understand that if you are in isolation we cannot attend your property until the isolation period has ended and you are well again.
- Please do not shake our installers hand keep at least 2m away. You may be asked to step back if the installer feels you are too close.
- Please allow our installers access to warm running water and soap so that they can wash their hands.
- Please prop doors open in order to reduce contact points.
- Please ensure that rooms and access ways are kept clear of people while the installer is working in your property.
- Please follow the Government advice on hand washing and catching coughs and sneezes (Catch it, Bin it, Kill it).
- If you become unwell after you have booked your appointment, please call our team to reschedule your appointment at least two weeks later.
Thank you for your understanding. Your support is greatly appreciated.